The latest Bonnie Hunter Mystery “Easy Street” is finished! For those of you unfamiliar with Bonnie Hunter mysteries, check out her website Quiltville. Lots of stuff to look at. The quilt started on Thanksgiving week-end with just 4 patches…lots of them. My fist plan was to make just a throw but the 4 patches went together so well I had enough for the large size. I kept up fairly well until right before Christmas…then I scrambled just to make a few of each step so as not to lose momentum. On New Year’s the reveal of getting it all together was posted and I really wanted to get mine together. That is when I discovered that my choice on those very first blocks, the 4 patches, was not so good. My alternate, a very light green, was not enough contrast once the whole blocks came together.
The pale green barely shows up!
Here’s one block. All of the blocks were very time-consuming, many pieces, many points. I am so pleased with most of piecing, so
I decided to add a pieced border and used Judy’s “60 Pieced Borders” book to find one I liked.
This one worked well with my leftovers. And with Judy’s clear instructions it went together well…best of all …it fit!
I dug out a kit I was no longer interested in making and used a lot of that for my scrapped together backing.
It is quilted with an all over design, Wisteria, I think, and it took forever to get the binding done.
So, there it is, 105″ X 105″ all finished.